Catalysing Growth And Investment In The Agriculture Sector
The Beira Agricultural Growth Corridor (BAGC) initiative is a partnership between the Government of Mozambique, private investors, farmer organisations and international agencies. It was launched in 2010 and aims at promoting increased investments in commercial agriculture and agribusiness within the Beira Corridor (Tete, Sofala and Manica Provinces).
The Beira Agricultural Growth Corridor aims to boost agricultural productivity and competitiveness in the region through:
- Ensuring public and private sector investments along agriculture value chains are properly coordinated;
- Leveraging existing “anchor” investments (e.g. in the mining sector and railways) to benefit agriculture;
- Developing new infrastructure and agriculture projects as commercially-viable business opportunities that drive growth and benefit local communities;
- Supporting the development of sustainable agriculture support services with a special focus on production inputs, financial services and extension services; and
- Supporting investment and help to provide a suitable business environment for agricultural investors who who will engage with small and medium sized farming interests in the corridor.
The BAGC welcomes all stakeholders with an interest in promoting profitable agriculture in the Beira Corridor. Please contact us for further information.